With your first Connection and Datastream set up, you’re now ready to import data for the first time.
- Navigate back to 'Datastreams' again.
- Select the Datastream you created in the previous tutorial, Your First Datastream.
- Click 'Fetch'.
- The next screen allows you to define the timescale for which Datatap will retrieve data from your datasource.
Here you set the date range for data import. All data entered into the source system between these dates will be imported to your Datatap instance, ready to then be exported to your visualization software (see Your First Destination).
- For the time being, leave all other settings at default values.
- Once you have selected your date range, click “Run Fetch” to import all data.
- You will be returned to the Datastream Overview, where you will see:
a. The following confirmation message.....
b. ... and the scheduling of your Fetch.
- Within a few seconds the fetch will be complete. Clicking on the link highlighted will show you the results as they have been imported into Datatap.
(Don't worry, yours won't be blurry).
See a video of this process in-UI:
"What Did I Just Do, and What's Next?"
You just imported raw data from one of your data sources, into Datatap. Once imported to Datatap, you can:
- Progress to the next stage in this tutorial: Your First Destination.
- Learn more about Data Fetches.
- Map Your First Data Schema, assign system-agnostic data categories to combine otherwise incompatible data sets collected from multiple sources.