A dashboard becomes Frozen once it has been marked as follows:
It will retain values up to the date that it was marked as Frozen, and no further automatic updates will be triggered. However, it is still possible to manually refresh the dataset.
STEPS TO FREEZE AND UNFREEZE THE DASHBOARD
The Frozen tag/notification can be found in the Globe sign settings in every dashboard under each Tenant's name.
All collaborators and eligible users for a given dashboard can enable/disable this function.
FROZEN DASHBOARD CHARACTERISTICS
Dashboards on either hub or company levels are automatically updated during the nightly refresh cycle.
Dashboards on the client and tenant level are updated as above, and additionally every time there is an import, unless the dashboard is Frozen.
Once frozen, a dashboard:
- Cannot be edited and can only be downloaded.
- Won't be automatically refreshed with daily data imports.
- However, it is possible to manually refresh the dashboard without unfreezing it by going to the top-right of page and clicking on Edit > Refresh All Widgets.
Dashboards that have not been modified/updated in the last 180 days will have the Frozen label assigned automatically.
The following actions are considered modifying/updating a Dashboard:
- Add/change/delete a Widget.
- Add/delete a Label.
- Change Date.
- Change Segment.
The following actions are not considered modifying/updating a Dashboard:
Dashboards are only updated if they were visited/accessed within the last 40 days (it can be seen in tool-tip of icon next to the ''globe'' setting).
Please note that, in practical terms, draft dashboards can be considered the same as frozen dashboards.
ADDING YOURSELF AS A COLLABORATOR (COMPANY ADMIN ONLY)
Normally, a collaborator role can only be assigned by a user who already possesses the same, or greater, access rights. However, company admin accounts that already possess the Dashboard, Plan, and Explore authorizations can self-assign collaboration privileges.
- Navigate Main Settings ---> Dashboards to see the list of dashboards.
- Find the dashboard in the list, or filter the list by typing in the search bar.
- Select Add me as a collaborator.