Use labelled geolocation to achieve the following goals, among others:
- Incorporate geographical maps into your dashboards and display data in the context of its geography.
- Display exact geographical locations with their values.
- Explore geography-specific activities such as:
- Display the exact location of a mobile device that was used to click on an ad.
- Show metrics related to a city or a specific store location.
Data points can be cities as shown in the sample output below:
2. Displaying data points on the map
Before you display data points on the map, perform all of the following actions:
- The data you extract from your Datastream need to contain:
- One column with latitude and longitude values of the location (geolocation).
- One column carrying the name of the location (for example city name).
- One column with a metric value associated with the location (for example clicks).
- Set Adverity Explore & Present as the Destination of your Workspace.
- Import your data to Explore & Present.
To display data points to the map, follow these steps:
- In Explore, choose dimensions from the left column (blue values). The dimensions need to include the following:
- Geolocation (latitude and longitude values).
- The location name associated with geolocation (for example city name).
- A metric associated with the location (for example clicks).