This article explains the practices to ensure optimal loading times on your dashboard.
To receive data, your dashboard makes a number of database queries. The higher the number and the complexity of these queries, the longer the loading time. For this reason, clean and simple dashboards perform the best.
2. Actions to take
To ensure optimal dashboard performance:
- Keep your dashboard clean.
- The more widgets you add, the longer it takes to load them. Use only the widgets you really need.
- Do not add too many widgets to the same page. Start a new page if necessary.
- Loading many KPI boxes is heavy on performance. Aim to add new information to your existing KPI boxes instead of creating new KPI boxes.
- Remove any metrics and dimensions from your widgets that you do not use.
- Creating a visualization widget based on a transposed table adds to the loading time. Remove the transposition if it is not necessary (for example, if the visualization looks the same with or without the transposition).