This page provides instructions for creating a Google Cloud Storage Destination. If you instead wish to set up a Datastream to use Google Cloud Storage as a datasource, please see this article. Finally, for instructions on using GCS as a Storage location to hold Data Extracts (as opposed to Adverity's default AWS S3 storage solution), please see this article.
When authorizing Adverity with Google Cloud Storage as a Destination, the Google Account used must have the following the following permissions:
This translates into a pre-configured role:
CREATE A GCS DESTINATION
- In the Transfer Element, click +Add in the top right.
- Select the File Destination from the list.
- Select an existing GCS Connection, or select create a new one and input your account credentials for OAuth2 authorization.
Optional: If you're having trouble authorizing a Connection, you can alternatively use a Service Account.
- In Configuration, open the Destination URL drop-down, select "gcs", and then fill in the URL address for your GCS storage bucket, e.g. "gcs://bucketname_x".
Note: please refer to this article for a full explanation of all the configuration options.
- Click the Test button to confirm Adverity's ability to access the GCS bucket. The button will turn green for a successful connection, otherwise red.
- Save your new Destination, and it will now be ready to accept Datastream Data Extracts.