Thanks to our partnership with SAP, Database Cloud Destinations can now be created via a single process within the SAP User Interface. This will automatically create the Destination entity in your Adverity platform instance.
Only users with the 'Admin' permission can create a Destination within SAP DWC.
- An active SAP Database Warehouse Cloud instance.
- Your Stack IP address. You will need to provide this to SAP via their ticket system and request that it be whitelisted. Instructions on finding your Adverity Stack IP can be found here.
CREATE AN SAP DESTINATION IN THE SAP UI
- Within your SAP UI, navigate through Space Management > [Your Active Space] > General Settings
- Scroll down to Connections and hit "+" to create a new Connection.
- Select Adverity from the list of possible Connections.
- Enter your Adverity Stack ID, e.g. https://YOUR.STACK.datatap.adverity.com, and click Next.
- Authorize your connection with your account credentials, or use a Single Sign-On authentication.
- Either create a new Workspace for this Destination, or use an existing Workspace:
- If the existing Workspace doesn't currently have a Destination, SAP DWC will be set as the Destination by default.
- If the existing Workspace already has a Destination, SAP will be added to the list of available Destinations for the Workspace, but it won't be set as the default Workspace Destination.
- Configure your Connection Properties (see SAP's Documentation on Connection Properties ).
- You can see your newly created Adverity Destination by accessing the relevant Workspace and finding it in the Transfer Element's Destinations list.
For more information on this process, we suggest reviewing SAP's Documentation on Creating Connections.
These settings will be configured remotely by the SAP Database Cloud, but can be viewed and edited as normal in the Destination Configuration options.
The Workspace in which you want this Datastream to reside.
- Table Name Template:
Define a naming convention for tables created in the SAP Destination, using a combination of fixed text and/or the listed placeholder values.
- Load state table:
If ticked, a separate table will be created in the SAP Destination that tracks and records all table load operations. If left blank, the table will be named, "dt_loadstate".
- Name of load state table:
Define a name for the load state table.
- Connection Name:
The name assigned to this Connection in the SAP UI.