FINDING PERMISSIONS & ROLES
- From any of the three elements,:
a. Open the Workspace Picker
b. Click on Administration.
- In the left hand menu, there are three aspects of Administration, explained below.
- The Overview shows your Workspace and Workspace group tree structure, and the shared dashboards published for each.
- You can filter the tree by either individual users or authorizations granted to them, or a combination of both.
- Clicking on a user profile in the Shared Dashboards column (as shown above) will show further details of that user profile and the specific dashboards they have shared.
The Users section lists all User Profiles, their current active status and all role memberships they possess. For further detail, you can click on:
- a. Show.
Here, you can edit the profile details, as well as mark the profile as expired or locked.
- b. Dependencies
Here, you can see all roles assigned to the user, and the interdependencies on which they rely. Clicking the drop-down will show you a list of users. Selecting one and then clicking "Reattach Objects to User" will assign the listed objects to the selected user profile. This is useful when needing to delete a single user without breaking the interdependencies upon which other profiles rely.
The Roles section shows each of the roles you have created within your Workspaces, along with an at-a-glance table of the individual permissions they possess.
Clicking Show will allow you to edit the permissions of the relevant role:
Here, you can grant and remove individual permissions via the tickboxes.
Business Administrators can manages all Workspaces and Workspace Groups within the business entity, therefore this role should only be granted to selected users.
This role grants users access to view, but not edit, Dashboards within the given Workspace. This permission level is mandatory, all users have access to Dashboards.
This role grants users access to the menu item Explore where they can access all data, build widgets and add them to dashboards
This role grants users access to the menu item Import where they can view latest data imports or connected RealTime endpoints.
This role grants users access to the menu item Transform where they can create and apply rules
This role grants users access to the menu item Plan where they can access uploaded mediaplans and the Campaign Monitoring center.
This role grants users access to the menu item Manage where they can re-name columns or add chart segments