Workspaces exist in a tree structure, just like folders and files within a computer.
Workspace Groups are structural organizational elements, allowing you to separate and group your workspaces as you wish. Your highest-level element will always be a Workspace Group, but you can also create sub-groups as per the illustration.
Workspaces are where your data is actually segregated and stored.
- Each Workspace must be assigned one storage and one destination, and there can only be one of each.
- A Workspace may use the parent Workspace Group's storage and destination.
- All Workspace objects and permissions are inherited from top-down.
- User rights and permissions can be set per Workspace.
- Connections can be inherited from a parent Workspace.
CREATING A NEW WORKSPACE GROUP / WORKSPACE
- From the Connect, Enrich, or Transfer Elements, open the Workspace Picker > Administration
- In the left-hand menu under Manage, click Add New Workspace
- Name your new Workspace .
- Define a parent.
- Define a storage location and a destination.
- Optional: Upload a logo for the Workspace.
- Optional: Define a Quota limit to apply to the Workspace.
- Save to finalize creation.