- Key Columns are used to uniquely identify a dataset. They are required to ensure that data is correctly overwritten.
- Only datasets where all key columns match will be overwritten.
- Only columns that are defined as a 'dimension' in the Destination system can be used as key columns.
STEPS FOR SETTING KEY COLUMNS
- From the Connect Element, select the relevant Datastream.
- Go to the Datastream's Schema Mapping screen.
- Set the 'Key Column' switch to green for the column you wish to be key.
- Save mapping.