When granting Adverity access to a data source repository via OAuth2, it inherits the user's account permissions. Adverity will never manage, create or delete any items in a publisher system.
- Select the required connection (e.g. Facebook).
- Follow link and login to the data source with a user profile that has access to the desired account(s).
- Adverity will henceforth be authorized via the token passed between itself and the data source, your login details will not be communicated any further.
- Select the required connection.
- Input your account details directly into the platform. The system will encrypt and store these credentials and use them to login on every subsequent data access attempt.
THIRD PARTY AUTHORIZATION - NEW DATASTREAMS
- Start from the Connect element.
- Click on Add new Datastream.
- Select the connection you wish to create.
- Choose the option "Send an access request".
- Fill in the email address of the authorizer to whom the request should be sent, and customize the accompanying message as you see fit. You can also use the tick boxes to define what system-generated emails will be sent out.
UPDATING AN AUTHORIZED CONNECTION (REAUTHORIZING)
Many connections, once authorized, will remain so indefinitely without further interaction, but it can be possible that authorization expires or is otherwise rendered inoperable and requires refreshing. Examples of this include some connections (such as LinkedIn) where OAUTH requires periodic renewal, or accidental revocation of rights due to user error.
No matter the cause, this situation would result in a failed fetch attempt, followed by an error message:
Steps to rectify the issue are as follows:
- In the Datastream Dashboard, click on the icon for your Connection to open the Connection configuration menu, which will take you directly to the relevant settings page.
- Click the "Generate URL" button to generate a new token, and a second button will appear alongside; the new token URL.
- Click on this button to reauthorize the connection and re-enable the Datastream.
REAUTHORIZING VIA A THIRD PARTY
- To send the token URL to a third party, right-click on the button and select "Copy link address". You can then paste and send this URL to the authorizer.