Workspace mapping is necessary to assure that the right data from a Datastream is imported to the correct Workspace. It can be done in Settings, under the Adverity Insights tab, and offers two different solutions; one when all data from a Datastream belongs to the same Workspace, and the other when data belongs to several Workspaces.
ALL DATA BELONGS TO THE SAME WORKSPACE
If all the data goes to the same Insights Workspace, you can go to Settings -> Adverity Insights -> Single Workspace Mapping and choose the right Workspace from the drop-down menu.
DATA SPREAD ACROSS SEVERAL WORKSPACES
- If the data from the Datastream belongs to more than one client, choose a column from the extract from which the right Workspace can be unmistakably decided.
- Set up a mapping table including all possible values from the chosen column, which will connect each value to a Workspace in Insights. It is also possible to use regular expressions in the mapping tables.
When you set up a stream for the first time, you can create an empty mapping table, populate the Workspace Mapping Table and the Workspace Column, set Workspace missing action to Create and Stop, and it will create the entries for you from the extract. You only have to map them to the right Workspace.
- Once you have a mapping table, navigate to Settings -> Adverity Insights, and under Workspace Mapping Table select the right mapping table from the drop-down menu.
- Also, set the Workspace Column (the column you chose to be the basis of your Workspace mapping table).
- Under the Workspace Missing Action you can set the expected procedure in case there is a value in the chosen column yet unmapped to a Workspace. The options are as follows:
- Create, stop: In case of new mapping entries process stops, creates a new mapping entry and prompts notification. No data will be imported until the new mapping entries are populated the process is continued manually by clicking 'retry'
- Create, continue: In case of new mapping entries process creates a new mapping entry however you get no notification about it on Datatap, only via email (if enabled). Data is imported without the missing entries.
- Do Nothing: In case of new mapping entries does not create a new entry and does not stop processing. Data is imported without the missing entries.