Create Datasource in Google Analytics
Before you start sending data from Datatap to Google Analytics you first have to set up the Datasource in Google Analytics.
- In the Google Analytics UI, first navigate to the Admin section.
- (a.) Select Data Import, and then;
(b.) Choose "Create".
- You will be presented with the choice of eight different data types:
- Please choose the type for which you would like to import data, and follow the instructions to create the Datasource. Each source requires different columns to be present in the dataset.
Create Target in Adverity Datatap
- Create a "Google Analytics Target" Connection by clicking "+Add" in the Connections menu.
- Create a Google Analytics Destination.
Navigate to "Destinations" in the left-hand menu, and the click "+Add". Pick "Google Analytics" from the menu.
- (a.) Use the drop-down menu to assign the Connection you created in Step 1. to this Destination.
(b.) Select the previously set up Google Analytics Datasource from the drop-down. Map it to the Datastream that generates the datasets that should be imported.
- Click on 'Lookup Schema" for each mapping entry in the destination settings table.
- You will be directed to the Datasource settings in Google Analytics. There, click 'Get Schema'.
- Copy the values.
- Returning to Datatap, paste the Schema values into the Destination settings.
It is important that your schema mapping entries in your Datastream exactly match the required schema from Google Analytics. You can use ":" or "_", both will be valid for upload (e.g. "ga:date" or "ga_date").
- The final stage is to create a Datastream of the type Google Analytics.
Please use the datatype 'Date' for the "ga:date" column. The date format will then be transformed automatically by Google Analytics to the required format.
After you have fetched data and successfully imported data, you can check the imported dataset in Google Analytics. Therefore just click on ‘Manage uploads’ right next to the datasource.