Tenant mapping is necessary to assure that the right data from a Datatap Datastream is imported to the correct Insights tenant. It can be done in Settings, under the Adverity Insights tab, and offers two different solutions; one when all data from a Datastream belongs to the same tenant, and the other when data belongs to several tenants.
All Data Belongs to the Same Tenant
If all the data goes to the same tenant in Insights, you can go to Settings -> Adverity Insights -> Single Tenant Mapping and choose the right tenant from the drop-down menu.
Data Spread Across Several Tenants
- If the data from the Datastream belongs to more than one client, choose a column from the extract from which the right tenant can be unmistakably decided.
- Set up a mapping table including all possible values from the chosen column, which will connect each value to a tenant in Insights. It is also possible to use regular expressions in the mapping tables.
When you set up a stream for the first time, you can create an empty mapping table, populate the Tenant Mapping Table and the Tenant Column set Tenant missing action to Create and Stop, and it will create the entries for you from the extract. You only have to map them to the right tenant.
- Once you have a mapping table, navigate to Settings -> Adverity Insights, and under Tenant Mapping Table select the right mapping table from the drop-down menu.
- Also, set the Tenant Column (the column you chose to be the basis of your tenant mapping table).
- Under the Tenant Missing Action you can set the expected procedure in case there is a value in the chosen column yet unmapped to a tenant. The options are as follows:
- Create, stop: In case of new mapping entries process stops, creates a new mapping entry and prompts notification. No data will be imported until the new mapping entries are populated the process is continued manually by clicking 'retry'
- Create, continue: In case of new mapping entries process creates a new mapping entry however you get no notification about it on Datatap, only via email (if enabled). Data is imported without the missing entries.
- Do Nothing: In case of new mapping entries does not create a new entry and does not stop processing. Data is imported without the missing entries.