- When pulling more rows than outlined below under Sampling Thresholds Google applies sampling to the data which leads to discrepancies between the data provided through the API and the GA interface. Data has to be fetched on a one-date-per-extract basis to get most accurate results. This is done through the built-in feature:
- Sampling is not only applied to data requested via API but also to different views on the interface. e.g. the total number displayed for the sessions for 5 selected campaigns is not necessarily equal to the sum of the sessions when viewing each campaign separately
- Therefore on Datastream settings always use Preset option on Time Range tab, instead of the Custom Relative.
- Refetch is no longer supported and it should be kept at 0.
Requests for data using the Google Analytics API are subject to the following general sampling thresholds based on the number of sessions for the requested date range (at the property level):
- Analytics Standard: 500k sessions
- Analytics 360: 1M sessions
- Analytics 360 using resource based quota: 100M sessions