Storage refers to the server where all data extracts are stored. It can either be the local hard disk of the current Datatap instance, or any other file server.
DEFAULT: ADVERITY-PROVIDED STORAGE
By default, storage is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 bucket, which is provided by Adverity and set up when the Adverity Platform stack is created.
Please note: If you start creating multiple Workspaces, you will have to ensure that each of them has a storage location selected in their settings. You can reuse the same storage for all Workspaces.
CUSTOM: CUSTOMER-PROVIDED STORAGE
If you have opted to use your own storage server instead of the provided default, please follow these steps to set up a storage and assign it to your organisation.
- From the Connect, Enrich, or Transfer Elements of the relevant Workspace, open the Workspace Picker > Administration.
- You will automatically arrive in the Workspace Settings menu, where you will find the Storage field.
- Click +Add on the right of the field, a pop-up will appear requiring you to fill in the following:
- Name: Insert any name for your Storage location.
- URL: Insert Storage URL:
- S3: s3://s3-bucket-name
- Azure Blob: azure://blobbucketname
- Google Cloud Storage: gcs://bucketname_x
- Username: Fill in with username credential.
- Password: Fill in with password credential.
- Connection: Select the Connection to use for the Storage location.
- Assign the Storage to a Workspace. This will by default be filled with the Workspace you are currently in, but can be changed if required.
- Save the new Storage location.
- Save the Workspace settings.
Please note: The file server used for storage should NOT be restricted through a firewall. If you have any firewall settings enabled in your file server, please disable them in order to allow Adverity to access the server.
STORAGE SPECIFIC PRE-REQUISITES
GOOGLE CLOUD STORAGE
- A dedicated Connection, either via standard OAuth2 methods, or using a service account.
Note: This Connection must be dedicated exclusively to your Google Cloud Storage Destination (e.g. if you also have a Google Connection servicing a Datastream, the Datastream and Destination cannot share that Connection).
Within Google Cloud Storage, please allow the following permissions for the bucket: