When granting Datatap access to a 3rd party system via OAuth2, it inherits the grantee’s permissions for the respective 3rd party system with the given scopes. Datatap will never manage, create or delete any items in a publisher system.
STEPS TO GRANT ACCESS
- Open a connection and create OAuth2 Link for a datasource (e.g. Facebook).
- Follow link and login to datasource with a user account that has access to the desired account(s).
- For better customer side control it is recommended to initially setup a dedicated email account (e.g. adverity@myCompany.com ) that is then granted access to the accounts
- This e-mail address if afterwards used to authorize access for DataTap
- User grants permission with user account.
- User can always review and revoke permissions/scopes he has granted Adverity Datatap in respective profile settings of the datasource
For more information about OAuth please read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OAuth