The Dimension Quickfilter enables you to temporarily apply a specific filter to one or more widgets in a dashboard. Its main advantage is that also Shared Dashboard Viewers can use it. A Dimension Quickfilter is added once and is predominately used to quickly filter a given dataset, without changing pre-configured filters already applied to widgets within the dashboard.
CREATE DIMENSION QUICKFILTER
- Go to a dashboard
- In the Add menu → Dimension Quickfilter
- Choose the widget(s) that you would like to apply the filter to. If none are selected the filter will be applied to all widgets on the dashboard
- Specify the Dimension filter or the dataset you would like to apply the filter to
- Click Apply button
By hovering over the Quickfilter you can see to which widgets it is connected: their borders are highlighted in a different color.
- Click inside the Quickfilter and select the dimension values
- Click the Apply quickfilter icon in the top-right corner to apply the filtering
All the widgets connected to the Quickfilter will be filtered according to the values in Dimensions Filter of Quickfilter.
INVERSE AND REMOVE QUICKFILTER
- In order to reverse the selection click on Inverse selection icon.
- Click on the Clear selection icon in order to remove data filtering for the widgets.
Once Compact view is activated, the dimensions are listed in a drop-down menu and only the selected values are displayed.
For dimension quickfilters with two or more dimension filter conditions it’s possible to see filtered results within the dimension quickfilter. This enhances the usability of dimension quickfilters with several dimension filter conditions.
When adding/editing a dimension quickfilter there is a check-mark to activate Interactive mode. If the interactive mode is activated:
- user sees filtered results inside the quickfilter
- results are filtered from left to right
You can also set a default selection for the dimension quickfilter, to which it will revert to even when the dashboard page is refreshed. Even when a default is active, users may still change the selection temporarily.
1. Apply a dimension quickfilter
2. In the settings, navigate to the Set quickfilter default option (funnel icon) to apply the current selection as a default
3. A new default has been set and will be permanently applied until removed.