WHAT IS A SHARED DASHBOARD?
A shared dashboard is a dashboard that will be visible to anyone who does not have permission to view it in Insights. This can be someone inside your organisation, or an external party.
Shared dashboard users have very limited functionality on the dashboard itself.
HOW TO SHARE DASHBOARDS
The Share Dashboard function allows you to send a Dashboard access link to external parties.
- Click the Share link found in the top-right corner of a Dashboard and then select the Share Dashboard option
- Enter the e-mail address of the person you would like to share the Dashboard with
- The recipient will then receive a notification e-mail with link to access the Dashboard
ACCESSING THE DASHBOARD
In order to view the shared Dashboard, the person will need to open the received notification E-mail and select Go to Dashboard.
When the first time a Dashboard is shared with the person, they will have to setup an adverity account first. Without an adverity account, the recipient will be unable to access the Dashboard.
SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT FOR SHARED DASHBOARD USER
- Click Go to dashboard button in the email invitation
- Fill in your first name, last name and password (password should contain at least one letter, at least one number and one of these special character: !@#$%^&)
- Click Setup account button
Once an account has been set up for the recipient, they will become Shared Dashboard User and will be able to access the shared Dashboard.
Setting up an account is only necessary to be done once, when the first Dashboard is shared with the person.
REMOVING USER FROM A SHARED DASHBOARD
You can remove Shared Dashboard Users so that they no longer have access to a Dashboard.
- Click the Share link and select Share Dashboard
- Click the Delete icon that appears alongside the person you want to remove
After the Shared Dashboard User has been removed, the invitation link that was previously sent to this person will become inactive.
Should any further Dashboards be shared with this User, they can access these Dashboards by logging in into adverity through the URL link.
ALLOWING SHARED DASHBOARD USERS TO DOWNLOAD WIDGETS
It is possible for Shared Dashboard Users to export the Dashboard and the Widgets in various export types. However, this option needs to be authorized by the person that originally shared the Dashboard.
- Click the Share dashboard button
- Select the checkbox allow users to export dashboard
- If the Shared Dashboard User does not receive their invitation e-mail, they should check their e-mail's Spam folder
- When the User is setting their password, the usual security precautions should be followed (minimum password length, inclusion of special characters etc.)