The Geo Map visualization in Adverity Insights can be used in two different breakdowns:
In each case, a dimension that contains country/region code is required. To generate this dimension on Datatap, you need to create a mapping table that translates country name (or city or region name) from how it's written in the source to the appropriate code.
- Download .csv file for the desired region below.
- Make sure that the values in the left column are equal to what's provided by the datasource. If required, adjust values in left column to match the datasource.
Be careful when editing and re-saving the .csv to use the correct encoding (UTF-8). Failure to do so will result in special characters (e.g. é, ä, etc.) rendering improperly, and they will not be correctly matched to the datasource. See example below for an improperly loaded table:
- Add a new Mapping Table.
- Populate "Match" in the Mapping Table with values from Column A, "Region Code", of the .csv file.
- Populate "Value" in the Mapping Table with values from Column B, "region", of the .csv file.
- Upload .csv to the Mapping Table.
- Add a script that applies the mapping table to your data. The transformation command should look like this:
- Add the dimension created by the mapping table to the Column Mapping.
- Reqeue/Refetch data and import it into Adverity Insights.
The below .csv files are provided for convenience. Other regions are valid, but you would need to create your own reference .csv file. All codes can be found on the Highcharts database.