The Geo Map visualization in Adverity Insights can be used in two different breakdowns:
In each case, a dimension that contains country/region code according to ISO ALPHA-2 standard is required. To generate this dimension on Datatap, you need to:
- create a mapping table that translates country name (or city or region name) from how it's written in the source to the ISO ALPHA-2 Code.
- Download CSV for the desired region below.
- Make sure that the values in the left column are equal to what's provided by the datasource. If required, adjust values in left column to match the datasource.
- Add a new Mapping Table.
- Upload CSV to the Mapping Table.
- Add a script that applies the mapping table to your data.
- Add the dimension created by the mapping table to the Column Mapping.
- Reqeue/Refetch data and import it into Adverity Insights.
The transformation command should look like this: