The Geo Map visualization in Adverity Insights can be used in two different breakdowns:
In each case, a dimension that contains country/region code is required. To generate this dimension on Datatap, you need to:
- Create a mapping table that translates country name (or city or region name) from how it's written in the source to the appropriate code.
- Download .CSV for the desired region below.
- Make sure that the values in the left column are equal to what's provided by the datasource. If required, adjust values in left column to match the datasource.
- Add a new Mapping Table.
- Upload CSV to the Mapping Table.
Be careful when loading the .csv to use the correct encoding. Failure to do so will result in special characters (e.g. é, ä, etc.) rendering improperly, and they will not be correctly matched to the datasource. See example below for an improperly loaded table:
- Add a script that applies the mapping table to your data.
- Add the dimension created by the mapping table to the Column Mapping.
- Reqeue/Refetch data and import it into Adverity Insights.
The transformation command should look like this:
The below .csv files are provided for convenience. Other regions are valid, but you would need to create your own reference .csv file. All codes can be found on the Highcharts database.