The Date Range Quickfilter enables you to change the date range of one or more widgets directly on a dashboard without permanently adjusting the date range set for all widgets. Its main advantage is that also Shared Dashboard Viewers can use it.
CREATE DATE RANGE QUICKFILTER
- Go to a dashboard
- Go to Add menu → Date Range Quickfilter
- Choose the widget(s) that you would like to apply the filter to. If none are selected the filter is applied to all widgets on the dashboard
- Specify the date range you would like to be available for filtering. You can either select fixed date range or a moving end
- For selecting a fixed date range click on the Calendar Icon. The first click corresponds to the start of the date range and the second to its end.
- Click Apply button
By hovering over the Quickfilter you can see to which widgets it is connected: their borders are highlighted in a different color.
APPLY DATE RANGE QUICKFILTER
- Select the date range by adjusting the dynamic scale
- Click the Apply quickfilter icon in the top-right corner of the widget
All widgets connected to the Quickfilter will changed according to the date range selected.
You can also set a default selection for the date range quickfilter, to which it will revert to even when the dashboard page is refreshed. Even when a default is active, users may still change the selection temporarily.
1. Apply a date range quickfilter
2. In the settings, navigate to the Set quickfilter default option (funnel icon) to apply the current selection as a default
3. A new default has been set and will be permanently applied until removed.